Reckitt Benckiser says no longer in talks with Merck
LONDON, April 30
LONDON, April 30 (Reuters) - Reckitt Benckiser Group is no longer in active talks with Merck & Co about buying its consumer health business, the company said on Wednesday.
"We are a highly disciplined acquirer with strict return metrics, which we will not break," said Reckitt Benckiser Chief Executive Rakesh Kapoor in an emailed statement.
"The consumer health market remains highly fragmented and we will continue to evaluate opportunities that fit both our strategic and financial criteria."
(Reporting by Martinne Geller in London; editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement