Ultra Electronics sees higher-than-usual defence orders in 2nd half
April 30 (Reuters) - British defence contractor Ultra Electronics Holdings Plc said defence orders and revenue in the second half would be higher than usual.
The company, which makes gunshot detection equipment and sonars for submarines, said it expected improvement in procurement process after U.S. defence priorities become clearer in 2014.
Ultra, whose sonobuoys are being used to search for the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370's black box, said its expectations for the full year remained unchanged even as a strong sterling continued to weigh on its earnings. (Reporting by Tasim Zahid in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Huge blaze out of control in Tripoli battle as Libya slides into chaos |