HP, Foxconn launch cloud server joint venture
(Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co and Taiwanese contract electronics manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group launched a joint venture to make servers aimed at companies which provide cloud computing services.
The new cloud-optimized servers will help service providers to cut costs, the companies said in a statement.
Foxconn is the parent company for Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd, the world's largest electronics contract manufacturer.
(Reporting by Soham Chatterjee; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad