U.S. private sector adds 220,000 jobs in April: ADP
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. private employers added 220,000 workers in April, the highest amount since November and above analysts' expectations, a report by a payrolls processor showed on Wednesday.
Gains in the prior month were revised higher, to 209,000 from 191,000. Economists surveyed by Reuters had forecast that the ADP National Employment Report would show a gain of 210,000 jobs in April.
The report is jointly developed with Moody's Analytics.
(Reporting by Ryan Vlastelica; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset