Audience revenue slumps on weak audio chip sales to phone makers
May 1 (Reuters) - Audio chipmaker Audience Inc reported a 23.5 percent fall in quarterly revenue and posted a loss for the third consecutive quarter, hurt by weak sales to smartphone makers.
The company reported a loss of $7.2 million, or 32 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March 31 compared with a profit of $4.6 million or 20 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell to $36.1 million from $47.2 million.
Audience makes chips that improve voice quality in mobile devices by filtering out background noise. (Reporting by Aurindom Mukherjee in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'