Berkshire's energy unit to buy Canada's AltaLink for $2.9 bln
May 1 (Reuters) - Berkshire Hathaway Inc's energy unit said it would buy Canadian electrical transmission company AltaLink LP for about $2.9 billion in cash from SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.
Berkshire Hathaway Energy said its MidAmerican Transmission unit and SNC-Lavalin would jointly pursue transmission projects in North America.
AltaLink is Alberta's largest transmission provider. (Reporting by Sweta Singh in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting