Berkshire's energy unit to buy Canada's AltaLink for $2.9 bln
May 1 (Reuters) - Berkshire Hathaway Inc's energy unit said it would buy Canadian electrical transmission company AltaLink LP for about $2.9 billion in cash from SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.
Berkshire Hathaway Energy said its MidAmerican Transmission unit and SNC-Lavalin would jointly pursue transmission projects in North America.
AltaLink is Alberta's largest transmission provider. (Reporting by Sweta Singh in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies