UAE telco du Q1 net profit rises 4.8 percent
DUBAI May 1 (Reuters) - Du, the United Arab Emirates' No.2 telecom operator, reported a 4.8 percent rise in first-quarter net profit on Thursday, beating analysts' estimates.
The firm, which ended rival Etisalat's domestic monopoly in 2007, made a net profit of 490.3 million dirhams ($133.49 million) in the three months to March 31, up from 467.9 million dirhams in the year-earlier period, according to a bourse statement.
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- UPDATE 8-U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports