Lazard adj profit doubles as global M&A volumes soar
May 1 (Reuters) - Investment bank and asset manager Lazard Ltd reported a 119 percent rise in first-quarter profit as merger advisory revenue rose in a thriving M&A market.
Lazard's profit rose to $81 million, or 61 cents per share, on an adjusted basis in the three months ended March 31, from $37 million, or 28 cents per share, a year earlier. (Reporting by Tanya Agrawal in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |