US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after mixed data
NEW YORK May 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Thursday after a mixed bag of data gave traders scant reason to add to the previous day's gains that took the Dow industrials to a record closing high.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 4.68 points, or 0.03 percent, to 16,585.52, the S&P 500 gained 0.92 points, or 0.05 percent, to 1,884.87 and the Nasdaq Composite added 4.085 points, or 0.1 percent, to 4,118.641.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer