Canada's Penn West Petroleum's gross revenue falls 5 pct
May 1 (Reuters) - Canadian oil and gas producer Penn West Petroleum Ltd reported a 5 percent fall in gross revenue after production decreased 22 percent.
Gross revenue, which includes realized gains and losses on commodity contracts, fell to C$668 million ($608 million) in the quarter ended Mar. 31 from C$704 million a year earlier.
Net loss narrowed marginally to C$96 million from C$97 million but was flat at 20 Canadian cents on a per-share basis.
Total production fell to 110,795 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d). ($1 = 1.0975 Canadian Dollars) (Reporting by Ashutosh Pandey in Bangalore)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home