Derailed CSX oil train in Virginia was carrying Bakken oil
NEW YORK May 1 (Reuters) - Railroad CSX Corp said on Thursday that the train that derailed and erupted in flames in Virginia a day ago was carrying crude oil from the Bakken shale in North Dakota.
This is the same kind of oil involved in several other fiery derailments over the last few months.
The company said the train, which had two locomotives and 105 cars, was en route to Yorktown, Virginia.
(Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead