Shire declines to comment on any specifics of 'M&A frenzy'
LONDON May 1 (Reuters) - The chief executive of pharmaceutical company Shire declined to comment on Thursday on any takeover interest the company may have received, saying he could not talk about the specifics of the "M&A frenzy" gripping the sector.
Allergan Inc, the botox maker, is preparing a takeover approach for Dublin-based Shire, Reuters reported on Tuesday.
Shire's Chief Executive Flemming Ornskov also said his own acquisition strategy was unchanged: "We are looking for innovation, for products we can bring to market." (Reporting by Paul Sandle, Editing by Belinda Goldsmith)
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- D'Souza gets community confinement for election law violation
- Three killed, including shooter, at UPS facility in Alabama
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York