Barclays names Jones, Nakai as co-CEOs for Asia Pacific
HONG KONG May 2 (Reuters) - Barclays PLC has named Andrew Jones and Eiji Nakai as co-chief executive officers for Asia Pacific, replacing the retiring Robert Morrice.
The appointments are subject to regulatory approval, the UK-based bank said in a statement on Friday.
Jones, currently the region's chief operating officer, joined the bank in 2000 and has worked in Hong Kong and Singapore in fixed income and corporate finance roles.
Nakai has been Barclays' Japan chief executive since 2004, and will continue in that role. (Reporting by Lawrence White; Editing by Christopher Cushing)
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse