CME Group fines Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan for hog trades
CHICAGO May 2 (Reuters) - The Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, which manages investments for Canada's largest single-profession pension plan, violated speculative position limits in CME Group Inc's lean hog futures market, the exchange-operator said on Friday.
Chicago-based CME fined the board $15,000 and ordered it give up nearly $18,000 in profits for exceeding position limits on two dates in March 2013, according to a disciplinary notice. The pension plan had assets worth almost $141 billion as of Dec. 31.
A board representative could not immediately be reached for comment. (Reporting by Tom Polansek; editing by Peter Galloway)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train with MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine base |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad