EU wants one price for Russian gas for all member states
WARSAW May 2 (Reuters) - European Union Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger said on Friday that the EU wants a uniform price for Russian gas for all its member states.
Oettinger was speaking after a meeting with Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk who promotes an idea of a EU energy union and joint purchase Russian gas.
"We want a uniform gas price in the European common market," Oettinger said at the joint news conference with Tusk.
Oettinger also said that Europe should have pan-European grids for natural gas and electricity, including more power links between countries, more liquefied natural gas terminals and more diversification with partners such as Norway. (Reporting by Jakub Iglewski; Writing by Marcin Goclowski; Editing by Marcin Goettig and William Hardy)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case