Ackman's Pershing Square Holdings up 20 percent year-to-date
BOSTON May 1 (Reuters) - Activist investor William Ackman's Pershing Square Holdings extended this year's strong gains with a 7.6 percent jump in April, leaving it up 20 percent for the year, three sources said on Thursday.
A large part of April's gains were driven by pharmaceutical company Allergan Inc, whose stock rallied 36 percent in the wake of news that Pershing Square had acquired a 10 percent stake and is working with pharmaceutical company Valeant to buy the Botox-maker.
Pershing Square now manages $13.6 billion. (Reporting by Svea Herbst-Bayliss; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Louisiana judge rules state's gay marriage ban unconstitutional
- China increasingly producing 'tools of torture' for export : Amnesty