Ackman's Pershing Square Holdings up 20 percent year-to-date
BOSTON May 1 (Reuters) - Activist investor William Ackman's Pershing Square Holdings extended this year's strong gains with a 7.6 percent jump in April, leaving it up 20 percent for the year, three sources said on Thursday.
A large part of April's gains were driven by pharmaceutical company Allergan Inc, whose stock rallied 36 percent in the wake of news that Pershing Square had acquired a 10 percent stake and is working with pharmaceutical company Valeant to buy the Botox-maker.
Pershing Square now manages $13.6 billion. (Reporting by Svea Herbst-Bayliss; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling