CORRECTED-Nationwide appoints Lloyds Bank's Roberts as chairman
(Corrects to say Roberts will take up the role in July 2015)
LONDON May 2 (Reuters) - Britain's biggest customer-owned lender Nationwide said on Friday it had appointed David Roberts as its new chairman and that he will take up the role in July 2015.
Roberts is stepping down as deputy chairman of Lloyds Banking Group to join Nationwide and will leave the bank later this month.
Roberts has held a number of senior positions in banking and finance. He has been deputy chairman of Lloyds since 2012 and was chief executive officer for international retail and commercial banking at Barclays between 2004 and 2006.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham; Editing by Steve Slater)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |