Ukraine says two soldiers killed near Slaviansk after rebel attack
KIEV May 2 (Reuters) - Two Ukrainian servicemen have been killed on the outskirts of the eastern town of Slaviansk after pro-Russian separatists attacked their position, Ukraine's Defence Ministry said on Friday.
"Heavy fighting is continuing. The deaths of two Ukrainian soldiers have been confirmed at the current time," the ministry said in a statement, accusing the separatists of using civilians as human shields. It said the two were members of the airborne brigade. (reporting by Natalia Zinets, writing by Elizabeth Piper, editing by Matt Robinson)
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Chinese envoy says North Korea's Kim Jong Un may visit Beijing: Yonhap
- 'Forced labor' rife in Malaysian electronics factories: report