China outstanding QFII quota at $54.4 bln in April
BEIJING May 5 (Reuters) - The outstanding amount of China's dollar-denominated Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) programme stood at $54.42 billion at the end of April, the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) said.
The outstanding amount under its Renminbi Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (RQFII) programme stood at 215.6 billion yuan ($34.4 billion) for the month, SAFE said in a statement on its website late last week.
For the previous month, the outstanding totals were $53.6 billion and 200.5 billion yuan, respectively.
Institutional investors need to apply for a licence from the securities regulator to seek investment quotas from the foreign exchange regulator.
For a graphic on China's QFII approvals, click:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^> ($1 = 6.2593 Chinese Yuan) (China economics team; Editing by Michael Urquhart)
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist