ON THE MOVE-HighTower Advisors hires advisers from Morgan Stanley
May 5 (Reuters) - HighTower Advsiors LLC, an independent adviser-owned firm that has expanded by hiring away from top U.S. brokerages, said it has hired a team of veteran advisers from the Guth Group at Morgan Stanley to expand its presence in Columbus, Ohio.
The team, known as Gryphon Financial Partners, managed about $600 million in client assets at Morgan Stanley.
The team comprises of financial advisers Joel Guth, Cathy Cory, Angelo Manzo, Judy Roseberry, Maria Caicco, Jean Sturges and Kathy Payne.
A Morgan Stanley spokeswoman said she could not immediately comment on the departures. (Reporting By Neha Dimri in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |