U.S. Army helicopter with four aboard crashes over weekend in New Mexico
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - A U.S. Army helicopter with four people aboard crashed over the weekend during a training exercise near Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas, a military official said on Monday.
There was no information immediately available on the status of the four aboard the CH-47 Chinook helicopter that crashed on Saturday in Orogrande, New Mexico, about 45 miles northeast of Fort Bliss, base spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Lee Peters said.
Investigators were on the scene of the crash, he said.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default imminent |