Allstate profit falls 17 percent
May 6 (Reuters) - Insurer Allstate Corp posted a 17 percent fall in quarterly profit as losses from disasters soared due to a more severe winter than usual across most of North America.
The company's net income available to common shareholders fell to $587 million, or $1.30 per share, in the quarter ended March 31, from $709 million, or $1.47 per share, a year earlier.
Catastrophe losses rose 24 percent to $445 million. (Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore)
- China anxiety knocks shares, oil
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- U.S. sees Middle East help fighting IS, Britain cautious after beheading