Astra CEO says Pfizer bid a threat to new drug pipeline
LONDON May 6 (Reuters) - Plunging AstraZeneca Plc into a disruptive merger risks destroying value, the drugmaker's chief executive told analysts on Tuesday, as he laid out a defence strategy against a $106 billion bid approach from Pfizer Inc.
"We are in a race with many of our competitors to bring our products to the marketplace as quickly as possible," said Pascal Soriot. "Anything that creates disruption has the potential to destroy value."
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Obama says does not yet have broad strategy for Islamic State