UK lawmakers summon Pfizer and AstraZeneca over takeover deal
LONDON May 6 (Reuters) - Representatives from U.S. drugmaker Pfizer and British pharmaceutical firm AstraZeneca will be called before a British parliamentary committee to discuss a potential takeover deal in the coming weeks, a committee spokesman said on Tuesday.
The Business, Innovation and Skills committee session will take place before May 26 and is likely to be in the next week, although a firm date had not been fixed, the spokesman said.
Last week lawmakers from the committee said they wanted to explore the impact of a potential $106 billion takeover of AstraZeneca by Pfizer on British interests. (Reporting by William James; editing by Michael Holden)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.