Devon buys 50,000 shale acres for $249 million cash
May 6 (Reuters) - Devon Energy Corp on Tuesday said it acquired 50,000 acres and some production in the Cana-Woodford Shale in Oklahoma for $249 million in cash from Cimarex Energy Co.
The deal includes current production of 5,800 barrels of oil equivalent per day, Devon said.
Devon, based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is due to report is first-quarter earnings on Wednesday. (Reporting by Anna Driver)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Islamic State presses assault on Syrian border town, Kurds warn Turkey |