Fincantieri to list stake close to 50 pct - source
MILAN May 6 (Reuters) - Italian state-owned Fincantieri plans to list a stake close to 50 percent in its initial public offering on the Milan bourse, a source close to matter said on Tuesday.
The group, wholly owned by state lender Cassa Depositi e Prestiti (CDP), which in turn is controlled by Italy's Treasury, announced earlier on Tuesday it has filed for listing.
The sale of a minority stake in the group is part of a privatisation push the Italian government launched last year to raise funds to cut its public debt.
(Reporting by Francesca Landini; Editing by Lisa Jucca)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Liberia police fire on protesters as West Africa's Ebola toll hits 1,350