First Solar profit almost doubles, raises full-year forecast
May 6 (Reuters) - First Solar Inc's quarterly profit nearly doubled as revenue increased and operating expenses fell.
The company raised its full-year earnings forecast to $2.40-2.80 per share from its previous forecast of $2.20-$2.60 per share.
Net income jumped to $112 million, or $1.10 per share, in the first quarter ended March 31, from $59.1 million, or 66 cents per share, a year ago.
Sales rose 26 percent to $950.2 million. (Reporting By Kanika Sikka and Anannya Pramanick in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video