RPT-Fitch: More Competition to Pressure London Insurance Market Pricing
(Repeat for additional subscribers)
May 6 (Reuters) - (The following statement was released by the rating agency)
Fitch Ratings says in a new report that it expects margins for some London market insurance classes to come under pressure through 2014. This includes excess and surplus lines, which have seen increased competition from (re)insurers looking to diversify their underwriting portfolios away from less profitable insurance classes.
Fitch expects combined ratios of the London market insurers to remain below 90% in 2014 in the absence of major catastrophic losses. Results reported for 2013 showed that the majority of the London market's specialist business lines continued to yield strong technical results, with average combined ratios remaining well below 100% over a five-year period, with the exception of motor lines.
The 'UK Non-Life: London Market Comment Dashboard' is available at www.fitchratings.com or by clicking on the link below
Link to Fitch Ratings' Report: UK Non-Life: London Market Comment
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade