Marathon Oil profit nearly triples after Angola asset sale
May 6 (Reuters) - Marathon Oil Corp said on Tuesday that first-quarter profit nearly tripled, helped in part by recent asset sales.
The company posted net income of $1.15 billion, or $1.65 per share, compared with $383 million, or 54 cents per share, in the year-ago period.
Marathon closed on the sale of its Angola assets in the first quarter, posting an after-tax gain of $576 million.
Excluding the sale and other one-time items, Marathon posted net income of 88 cents per share. (Reporting by Ernest Scheyder)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade