Merck to sell consumer care business to Bayer for $14 bln
May 6 (Reuters) - Merck & Co Inc said it would sell its consumer care business to Germany's Bayer AG for $14.2 billion.
Merck said it expects after-tax proceeds of between $8 billion and $9 billion from the sale.
The deal is expected to close in the second half of 2014.
(Reporting by Esha Dey in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters