TripAdvisor profit up 9 pct on higher referrals, advertising
May 6 (Reuters) - Travel review website TripAdvisor Inc's quarterly profit rose 9 percent, helped by increased revenue from referrals to booking sites and display advertisements.
The net income attributable to TripAdvisor rose to $68 million, or 47 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March, from $62.3 million, or 43 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, TripAdvisor earned 54 cents per share. (Reporting by Ankit Ajmera in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das and Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- UPDATE 8-U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports