TripAdvisor profit up nine percent on higher referrals, advertising
(Reuters) - Travel review website TripAdvisor Inc's (TRIP.O) quarterly profit rose 9 percent, helped by increased revenue from referrals to booking sites and display advertisements.
The net income attributable to TripAdvisor rose to $68 million, or 47 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March, from $62.3 million, or 43 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, TripAdvisor earned 54 cents per share.
(Reporting by Ankit Ajmera in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das and Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey man attacked and killed by black bear, police say
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website