TripAdvisor profit up nine percent on higher referrals, advertising
(Reuters) - Travel review website TripAdvisor Inc's (TRIP.O) quarterly profit rose 9 percent, helped by increased revenue from referrals to booking sites and display advertisements.
The net income attributable to TripAdvisor rose to $68 million, or 47 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March, from $62.3 million, or 43 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, TripAdvisor earned 54 cents per share.
(Reporting by Ankit Ajmera in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das and Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |