Devon Energy posts quarterly profit versus year-ago loss
May 7 (Reuters) - Devon Energy Corp on Wednesday reported a quarterly profit compared with a year-earlier loss when it wrote down the value of some natural gas assets.
Devon had a first-quarter profit of $324 million, or 79 cents per share, compared with a loss of $1.3 billion, or $3.34 per share in the year-earlier period.
The Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, company said its oil and gas output rose to 690,900 barrels oil equivalent per day (boed), up from 686,900 boed in the 2013 first quarter.
(Reporting by Anna Driver)
- U.S. pledges 3,000 troops to fight Ebola; experts say more needed
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |
- Stocks turn higher ahead of Fed meeting, oil up