Imperial Tobacco results hurt by inventory reductions
LONDON May 7 (Reuters) - Imperial Tobacco Group posted sharp declines in reported revenue and profit on Wednesday, due to planned inventory reductions in a number of markets.
For the half year to 31 March, revenue fell 5 percent to 12.7 billion pounds ($21.6 billion)on a reported basis with operating profit down 17 percent to 999 million pounds.
($1 = 0.5885 British Pounds) (Reporting by Martinne Geller in London; Editing by Erica Billingham)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’