Omantel Q1 net profit rises 18 pct
DUBAI May 7 (Reuters) - Oman Telecommunications (Omantel) reported an 18 percent rise in first-quarter profit on Wednesday.
The former monopoly made a net profit of 34.4 million rials ($89 million) in the three months to March 31, up from 29.1 million rials in the year-earlier period, it said in a statement. ($1 = 0.3850 Omani Rials) (Reporting by Matt Smith; editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds