'Walking Dead' lifts AMC Networks quarterly revenue
May 8 (Reuters) - Cable TV network AMC Networks Inc reported a 37 percent jump in quarterly revenue as more people watched the fourth-season finale of its popular show "The Walking Dead".
The company's net income rose to $71.4 million, or 98 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March 31 from $61.5 million, or 85 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $524.6 million from $382.0 million. (Reporting By Lehar Maan in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food