Argentina's Grupo Financiero Galicia 1st-qtr profit tops estimates
BUENOS AIRES May 8 (Reuters) - Argentine banking conglomerate Grupo Financiero Galicia reported first-quarter net profit of 830.7 million pesos ($103.8 million) on Thursday, up from 298.9 million pesos in same quarter of 2013.
The figure was well above market expectations. A Reuters poll of four analysts had put the company's first quarter net income at 590 million pesos. (Reporting by Alejandro Lifschitz; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal