Australia's Envestra gets takeover bid from Cheung Kong
SYDNEY May 8 (Reuters) - Australia's Envestra Ltd said on Thursday it has received a conditional takeover offer from Hong Kong's Cheung Kong Group, valuing the natural gas distributor at A$2.37 billion ($2.21 billion) and trumping an earlier bid from Australian Pipeline Ltd (APA).
Cheung Kong, which currently holds a 17.5 percent stake in Envestra, proposed a cash offer of A$1.32 per share, Envestra said in a statement after the market close.
($1 = 1.0713 Australian dollars) (Reporting by Maggie Lu Yueyang; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies