Canadian Tire to sell 20 pct stake in financial services business
May 8 (Reuters) - Canadian Tire Corp said Bank of Nova Scotia would buy a 20 percent stake in the retailer's financial services business for C$500 million ($459 million) in cash.
The bank will have the option to buy an additional 29 percent of the business within 10 years.
Bank of Nova Scotia will also provide a funding commitment to the financial services business with credit card receivable financing of up to C$2.25 billion. ($1 = 1.0903 Canadian Dollars) (Reporting by Ashutosh Pandey in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials