REFILE-Insurer Delta Lloyd first-quarter new mortgages more than triple
(Refiles to remove extraneous word from headline)
May 8 (Reuters) - Dutch insurer Delta Lloyd NV said new mortgages more than tripled in the first quarter, taking the sting off a 5 percent decline in gross written premiums during the period.
New mortgages rose to 380 million euros ($529.06 million) in the three months ended March 31 from 114 million euros a year earlier.
Delta Lloyd wrote less life insurance during the period, dragging total gross written premiums down to 1.3 billion euros from 1.4 billion euros a year earlier. ($1 = 0.7183 Euros) (Reporting by Richa Naidu in Bangalore; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt