REFILE-Insurer Delta Lloyd first-quarter new mortgages more than triple
(Refiles to remove extraneous word from headline)
May 8 (Reuters) - Dutch insurer Delta Lloyd NV said new mortgages more than tripled in the first quarter, taking the sting off a 5 percent decline in gross written premiums during the period.
New mortgages rose to 380 million euros ($529.06 million) in the three months ended March 31 from 114 million euros a year earlier.
Delta Lloyd wrote less life insurance during the period, dragging total gross written premiums down to 1.3 billion euros from 1.4 billion euros a year earlier. ($1 = 0.7183 Euros) (Reporting by Richa Naidu in Bangalore; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet