Dish revenue rises 6 pct on higher net subscriber additions
May 8 (Reuters) - Dish Network Corp, the second-largest U.S. satellite TV company, reported a 6 percent rise in first-quarter revenue as it added a net 40,000 pay-TV subscribers.
Wall Street analysts had expected the company to add a net 21,900 subscribers in the quarter ended March 31, according to market research firm StreetAccount.
Revenue rose to $3.59 billion from $3.38 billion a year earlier.
Net income attributable to the company fell to $175.9 million, or 38 cents per share, from $215.6 million, or 47 cents per share, a year earlier. (Reporting by Soham Chatterjee; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad