ICE will seek to reduce stock order types at NYSE, chief says
CHICAGO May 8 (Reuters) - IntercontinentalExchange Group Inc will seek to reduce the number of stock order types at the New York Stock Exchange, Chief Executive Officer Jeff Sprecher said on Thursday.
ICE, which completed a deal to buy the NYSE in November, will apply to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to eliminate order types as a way to reduce complexity in equity markets, he told analysts on a conference call. (Reporting by Tom Polansek; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- EU readies capital, tech sanctions on Russia, but not yet