CORRECTED-Higher demand in Japan, Europe helps JA Solar post profit
(Corrects net loss figure in paragraph 2 to $33.3 million from $102.4 million. Fixes syntax in headline)
May 8 (Reuters) - China's JA Solar Holdings Co Ltd posted a first-quarter profit, compared with a year-earlier loss, driven by higher demand for its panels in Japan and Europe.
The company posted a net profit of $13.7 million, or 23 cents per American depositary share (ADS), in the quarter ended March 31, compared with a net loss of $33.3 million, or 85 cents per ADS, a year earlier.
Revenue rose about 36 percent to $366 million. (Reporting By Sneha Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program