Telefonica Brasil profit drops 18 pct, missing forecasts
SAO PAULO May 8 (Reuters) - Telefonica Brasil SA said on Thursday that first-quarter net income fell 18 percent from a year earlier to 661 million reais ($297 million), according to a securities filing.
Profit missed an average forecast of 746 million reais in a Reuters survey of analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, fell 7 percent to 2.563 billion reais, below an average estimate of 2.594 billion reais.
($1 = 2.23 Brazilian reais) (Reporting by Brad Haynes)
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat