Video advertising provider Rocket Fuel warns on second-quarter sales
(Reuters) - Rocket Fuel Inc (FUEL.O), which provides technology for Web-based video advertising, forecast current-quarter revenue far below analysts' expectations, sending its shares down 28 percent in extended trade.
The company said it expects second-quarter revenue to be between $88 million and $92 million. Analysts on average were expecting $101.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
As well, the company's first-quarter net loss grew to $11.2 million, or 33 cents per share, from $8.1 million, or 97 cents per share, a year earlier, as operating expenses doubled.
Redwood City, California-based Rocket Fuel's shares trading at $20 after the bell on Thursday. They closed at $27.81 on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting By Aurindom Mukherjee in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps