Valeant, Pershing eye shakeup to Allergan board
May 8 (Reuters) - Deal-making drugmaker Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc said on Thursday that it plans with activist investor Pershing Square to pursue a special meeting to change up the board of Allergan Inc , which it hopes to acquire.
Valeant Chief Financial Officer Howard Schiller also said the company is ready to negotiate with Allergan and will commence with Pershing a referendum of Allergan shareholders on support for holding discussions with Valeant. (Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Editing by Franklin Paul)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |