Yara, BASF to locate joint ammonia plant in Texas
OSLO May 8 (Reuters) - Norwegian fertiliser firm Yara and German chemicals group BASF decided to build their joint ammonia plant at BASF's existing site in Freeport, Texas, Yara said in a statement on Thursday.
The proposed plant would have an annual capacity of 750,000 metric tonnes and be based on a hydrogen-synthesis process.
Further details of the planned joint venture, still awaiting board approvals at both firms, are still under discussion, Yara said. (Reporting by Balazs Koranyi)
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies