Alcatel-Lucent swings to Q1 loss on restructuring costs
PARIS May 9 (Reuters) - Telecom network gear maker Alcatel-Lucent swung to a first-quarter net loss of 73 million euros as restructuring costs and lower-margin Chinese mobile contracts weighed on profitability.
The results, which were adjusted for the sale of the enterprise business in March, showed Alcatel-Lucent making progress on its key cost-cutting projects as it enters the third quarter of a turnaround plan to end-2015.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |