Alcatel-Lucent swings to Q1 loss on restructuring costs
PARIS May 9 (Reuters) - Telecom network gear maker Alcatel-Lucent swung to a first-quarter net loss of 73 million euros as restructuring costs and lower-margin Chinese mobile contracts weighed on profitability.
The results, which were adjusted for the sale of the enterprise business in March, showed Alcatel-Lucent making progress on its key cost-cutting projects as it enters the third quarter of a turnaround plan to end-2015.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year